Have you come across the multitude of hidden talent in the organisations you work for? Question is, how do you nurture this hidden talent, given that most never gain the credit they fully deserve? In this article, I discuss the methods that have successfully worked for me.
These are my top #5 tips for nurturing hidden talent:
- Always give credit where due
- As a leader/manager never hide the fact that you have hidden talent working for you
- Empower these people to deliver more, to pro-actively meet business demands
- Find out weaknesses, and look to implement a training plan to improve skills/techniques
- Above all provide the breading ground to provide challenging opportunities that will ensure these talents remain with your organisation